Myth is the public dream, and dream is the private myth. - Joseph Campbell
North, East, West and South we celebrate.
Holidays of the Heart
Holidays were meant for happy hearts.
New Year's Eve is about fresh starts.
MLK's birthday tugs at heart strings.
Valentine's Day's for diamond ear rings.
Easter Sunday signs Resurrection's hope.
Mothers Day brings me scented soap.
Fathers Day the kids always call home.
Birthdays bring PJ's and a card poem.
Independence Day's for love of country.
Labor Day declares workers honorees.
Thanksgiving makes our hearts grateful.
Christmas for family, gifts by the sackfull.
Copyright by Carol Gee - 2/19/06
Tags: holidays poetry love
My "topical post" today at South by Southwest is about optimism and the news.
Making good Mondays is like making coffee -
The week is before us - like the coffee pot - waiting to brew. Making it good is a matter of choice, luck, creativity, patience and acceptance of the outcome.
Currently at Making Good Mondays
Active elements on this page: Occasionally I will publish a new blog post, but I write mostly at other sites.
References on Spirituality -- Favorites from my old collection
- "A Return To Love: Reflections On the Principles Of a Course In Miracles" by Marianne Williamson. Harper Collins, 1992
- "A World Waiting To Be Born: Civility Rediscovered" by M. Scott Peck. Simon and Schuster, 1993
- "Chicken Soup For the Unsinkable Soul" by Canfield, Hansen and McNamara. Health Communications, 1999
- "Compassion in Action: Setting Out On the Path of Service" by Ram Dass and Mirabai Bush. Bell Tower Pub., 1992
- "Creative Visualization" by Shakti Gawain. MIF Books, 1978
- "Finding Values That Work: The Search For Fulfillment" by Brian O'Connell. Walker & Co., 1978
- "Fire in the Soul" by Joan Borysenko. Warner Books, 1993
- "Further Along the Road Less Traveled" by M. Scott Peck. Simon and Schuster, 1993
- "Guilt Is the Teacher, Love Is the Lesson" by Joan Borysenko. Warner Books, 1990
- "Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways To Regain Peace and Nourish the Soul" by Elaine St. James. Hyperion, 1995
- "Insearch:Psychology and Religion" by James Hillman. Spring Pub. 1994
- "Man's Search For Himself" by Rollo May. Signet Books, 1953
- "Mythologies" by William Butler Yeats. Macmillan, 1959
- "Myths, Dreams and Religion" by Joseph Campbell. Spring Pub. 1988
- "Passion for Life: Psychology and the Human Spirit" by John and Muriel James. Penguin Books, 1991
- "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hahn. Bantam Books , 1991
- "The Heroine's Journey" by Mureen Murdock. Random House, 1990
- "The Hope For Healing Human Evil" by M. Scott Peck. Simon and Schuster, 1983
- "The House of Belonging" poems by David Whyte. Many Rivers Press, 2004
- "The Road Less Traveled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth" by M.Scott Peck. Simon and Schuster, 1978
- "The Soul's Code: In Search Of Character and Calling" by James Hillman. Random House, 1996
- "The World Treasury of Modern Religious Thought" by Jaroslav Pelikan. Little, Brown & Co., 1990
- "Unconditional Life" by Deepak Chopra. Bantam Books, 1992
- "Wherever You Go There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation" by Jon Kabat-Zinn. Hyperion, 1994
- "Zen Keys: A Guide to Zen Practice" by Thich Nhat Hahn. Doubleday Dell Pub. Group, 1974