Making good Mondays is like making coffee -
The week is before us - like the coffee pot - waiting to brew. Making it good is a matter of choice, luck, creativity, patience and acceptance of the outcome.
Currently at Making Good Mondays
Active elements on this page: Occasionally I will publish a new blog post, but I write mostly at other sites.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Today's post is one of my periodic poems coming to the surface. It is about
Neglect is an old acquaintance of mine.
I don't intend to ignore. It is not by design.
It just happens. None of us wants to undermine
a productive and satisfying life, carefully aligned.
Neglect is an old habit that has big bottom-line
Consequences for me. I don't mean to whine.
It just happens. I complain as if it's my byline.
Habituated, my life's time measure gets sidelined.
Neglect is an old friend, if truth be clearly defined.
I use it expecting the "good fairy" will come to shine
On my enterprise. It just happens. Completion declined,
My project, neglected again by my good fairy, lies supine.
Neglect is an old way of avoiding the task disinclined
By my lazy self. The job's too big, gigantic its outline.
That just happens to be inaccurate, however. Defined
By neglect, the job grew by its distortion of deadlines.
Neglect is an old form of not having enough spine.
Courage is facing the hard thing. I shouldn't resign.
It just happens. Nothing is ever as hard as in my mind.
Stepping up to the task, just starting can be my baseline.
Copyright by Carol Gee
February 24, 2008
Cross-posted at Southwest Blogger
My topical post today at South by Southwest and The Reaction is about politics.
Technorati tags: poetry thoughts personal
References on Spirituality -- Favorites from my old collection
- "A Return To Love: Reflections On the Principles Of a Course In Miracles" by Marianne Williamson. Harper Collins, 1992
- "A World Waiting To Be Born: Civility Rediscovered" by M. Scott Peck. Simon and Schuster, 1993
- "Chicken Soup For the Unsinkable Soul" by Canfield, Hansen and McNamara. Health Communications, 1999
- "Compassion in Action: Setting Out On the Path of Service" by Ram Dass and Mirabai Bush. Bell Tower Pub., 1992
- "Creative Visualization" by Shakti Gawain. MIF Books, 1978
- "Finding Values That Work: The Search For Fulfillment" by Brian O'Connell. Walker & Co., 1978
- "Fire in the Soul" by Joan Borysenko. Warner Books, 1993
- "Further Along the Road Less Traveled" by M. Scott Peck. Simon and Schuster, 1993
- "Guilt Is the Teacher, Love Is the Lesson" by Joan Borysenko. Warner Books, 1990
- "Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways To Regain Peace and Nourish the Soul" by Elaine St. James. Hyperion, 1995
- "Insearch:Psychology and Religion" by James Hillman. Spring Pub. 1994
- "Man's Search For Himself" by Rollo May. Signet Books, 1953
- "Mythologies" by William Butler Yeats. Macmillan, 1959
- "Myths, Dreams and Religion" by Joseph Campbell. Spring Pub. 1988
- "Passion for Life: Psychology and the Human Spirit" by John and Muriel James. Penguin Books, 1991
- "Peace Is Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hahn. Bantam Books , 1991
- "The Heroine's Journey" by Mureen Murdock. Random House, 1990
- "The Hope For Healing Human Evil" by M. Scott Peck. Simon and Schuster, 1983
- "The House of Belonging" poems by David Whyte. Many Rivers Press, 2004
- "The Road Less Traveled: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth" by M.Scott Peck. Simon and Schuster, 1978
- "The Soul's Code: In Search Of Character and Calling" by James Hillman. Random House, 1996
- "The World Treasury of Modern Religious Thought" by Jaroslav Pelikan. Little, Brown & Co., 1990
- "Unconditional Life" by Deepak Chopra. Bantam Books, 1992
- "Wherever You Go There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation" by Jon Kabat-Zinn. Hyperion, 1994
- "Zen Keys: A Guide to Zen Practice" by Thich Nhat Hahn. Doubleday Dell Pub. Group, 1974